Did you know April 21st is National Tea Day in the UK? Not that we need a special occasion to enjoy a nice cuppa, but it’s the perfect excuse to have a mid-week celebration! We’ve teamed up with our friends Lorgues Coffee Roasters to bring you a delicious Gin&Tea cocktail!
Lorgues Coffee Roasters is a family business based in Lorgues, just a few miles away from Cotignac. Hamish and Veruschka, the founders, proudly roast green beans to perfection, and also source amazing fresh loose tea leaves from around the world.
We’re lucky enough to be drinking their coffees and teas daily here at Mirabeau HQ, and one of our favourite is the Lady Grey. Lady Grey is finer and more subtle than Earl Grey, with additional lemon and orange peels. Its delicate citrus aromas make it the perfect match to our Dry Gin!
- 30ml Mirabeau Dry Gin
- 15ml Lorgues Coffee Roasters Lady Grey Tea
- 25ml Honey syrup
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Prepare the honey syrup: in a saucepan, boil 200g water with 200g honey for a couple of minutes. Leave to cool and keep in the fridge.
- Brew a small cuppa of Lorgues Coffee Roasters Lady Grey Tea. Leave to cool.
- In a shaker filled with ice, shake all the ingredients vigorously. If you add egg white, shake for at least 30sec until very foamy.
- Strain into a coupe, and decorate with a sprig of lavender.