Nothing symbolises the South of France just like rosé and lavender. Pair them with apricot, and you’ve got yourself a fantastic cocktail that screams Provence!
This drink is just so delicious and full of fun, differing taste experiences. It works perfectly as a summer party drink or as an aperitif for a special dinner.
Ingredients (about 8 glasses)
For the cocktail
- 1 bottle of La Folie sparkling rosé
- 250 ml fresh apricot juice
- 200 ml lavender syrup
- 8 fresh lavender sprigs
For the lavender syrup
- 6 buds of fresh lavender
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup water
- For the syrup, put the sugar and water in a saucepan
- Rip the flowers off the bud and add them to the saucepan
- Cook the mixture until the texture thickens a bit and then sieve it into a glass jug and set aside to cool
- Place one lavender bud into each glass, with 3 tablespoons of apricot juice and 2 tablespoons of the lavender syrup
- Top up the glass up with chilled La Folie and stir very gently
- Enjoy the taste of summer in Provence!